When you first log into Buckets, you'll land on your Welcome Project. You can use this to get the hang of how to use Buckets Projects and try out a few different features. If you want, you can edit this section to create your first Project, or you can keep it as it is and create a new Project instead.
Here's how to create a new Project on Buckets:
Step 1. Click on the dropdown menu at the top right of your screen > Create Project > then enter a Project name, and your new Project will appear (yay!).
Step 2. Want to add some friends or colleagues to your Project? Awesome!
- Go to Invite Project Members on the same screen, or if the Project is already set up, go to the Invite button on the Project Kanban Header.
- Enter the user’s information into the field to begin the search (i.e. name or email address).
- Once you find the connection you are looking for, click on their name and confirm that you want to add them to the Project (you can also add a personal note for the person you're adding). You can repeat this for as many users as you like.
Step 3. Now it’s time to add some Cards to manage your content.
- Click the +Add New Card button at the top of the To Do column
- Add a title for your new Card
Step 4. Once you have a few Cards up, you can start collaborating
- Add some content to your Cards such as Notes or Checklists to get the ball rolling.
- To tag a Project member, just type @ and search for their name. If you haven’t added them to the Project already, see Step 2.
Step 5. You may need to organize your Project as it progresses, so here are a few features to customize and track your workflow.
- Your new Project will have 3 default columns: To Do, Doing, and Done. This is how you track your progress.
- Cards can be moved anywhere on the Project kanban by dragging and dropping them into place. Just click and hold on the Card to begin moving it across the board, e.g. from To Do > Doing > Done.
- A Card on a traditional kanban board will move from left to right, then once it reaches the end it is considered finished.
Step 6. Once you have the basics down, you can start tailoring your layout according to your Project scope. You can do this by changing the default setup.
To add a new Column;
- Click the Add New Column box and enter a new title.
- The new Column will appear at the end of the kanban and can be moved by drag-dropping it anywhere within the kanban. Any Column can be moved in the same way.
To change the color of your Columns;
- Click the ellipsis at the top of the Column and assign your preferred color from the color menu.
- If you need to update a Column title, click the title to make it editable.
With your new Project up and running, you can begin to take charge of your tasks and spend less time worrying about what needs to be done - because you’ll be actually doing it instead! If you’re not signed up yet, just head over here to start experimenting with all of your new Buckets know-how!
To change your Project Background:
- Click on the ellipsis on the top right-hand corner of your Project
- Select “appearance”
- Choose a color or upload an image for your new Project Background!